Parent Gym Executive
Who are we?
Parent Gym is a philanthropic programme which applies all that Mind Gym knows about improving performance at work to arguably the hardest job in the world – that of being a parent.
Changing the quality of parenting is reported to have more impact on exam results, criminal behaviour and social mobility than any other single factor.
Parent Gym is an innovative programme which makes a lasting improvement to participants’ parenting skills and confidence. Parent Gym programmes have already run in over 200 schools and centres across London since it was piloted in 2010 – reaching over 2000 parents and over 3000 children. But we are ambitious to reach even more families with significant growth in size and scale planne
The programme is made up of weekly two hour workshops run by a qualified volunteer Parent Gym coach. Independent evaluation shows that all parents who were interviewed two or more months after they had completed the programme reported that their relationships with their children had improved and three quarters of these also considered that relationships within the family as a whole had improved. Feedback from parents about the impact of the classes on the lives of their families is moving and you can visit our website to hear what parents, schools and coaches think of us.
What’s the job?
Parent Gym are looking for a can do individual with the tenacity, drive and brilliant organisation skills to help roll Parent Gym out across London and Brighton.
The Parent Gym Executive is responsible for the administration of the programme, keeping things running smoothly and efficiently. Responsibilities will include:
Programme administration and support
- Taking the big picture view of a project and breaking it down into smaller tasks with deadlines to help keep the team on track in delivering.
- Maintaining excellent administrative systems for programme-related paperwork.
- Supporting the team with budget, legal and compliance issues for example ensuring references collected, DBS checks are completed, terms and conditions signed
- Keeping in contact with schools and coaches so that we make sure every programme is delivered to the highest possible standard.
Volunteer development and support
- Building relationships with each coach so that they feel loved, supported and passionate about delivering more Parent Gym programmes.
- Proactively developing a steady flow of suitable volunteers.
- Managing the ‘volunteer accreditation’ process.
School recruitment and support
- Visiting schools interested in running Parent Gym to inspire them to run the programme
- Acting as the link person for schools during the programme
People management responsibilities
- Managing the Parent Gym Intern
- Excellent academic credentials – university degree (2:1) and excellent A levels
- Psychology background preferred but not essential
- Experience of working within a team environment and managing complex projects• Passionate, especially about delivering social change on the ground
- A “people person”, able to develop relationships with people from a wide range of backgrounds including those very different from their own.
- Determined to make things happen, whatever the obstacles.
- Fantastically organised with an eye for detail.
- At ease with technology.
- An excellent communicator verbally and in writing, and very persuasive – getting people to do more; sooner and better than they had planned.
So what happens next? Well, first things first, you need to send in your CV and a cover letter explaining what makes you perfect for this role. Please send this to email@example.com.